Then Peter Remembered the Word of the Lord
The Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said to him, ‘Before the cock crows today you will deny me three times.’ And he went out and wept bitterly.
This week we pray for…
- our students, as they continue to move toward the end of the school term; we ask that they will find time for the things that matter most, including connecting with friends, faculty, and staff as they anticipate the end of spring semester. May they have a sense of God’s presence and peace.
- the Whitworth Women’s Choir as they perform their spring concert at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church.
- Monday’s teaching roundtable for ongoing faculty development. Presentations and discussions will focus on innovative teaching methods to enhance teaching and learning.
- our Tuesday chapel service as Campus Pastor Mindy Smith shares from the Gospel of Luke about how Jesus continues to seek relationships even when he is denied by his closest friends. We also pray for Hosanna, a time of fellowship in worship, reflection, prayer and praise.
- the Whitworth Concert Band, as they present their spring concert on Tuesday in Cowles Auditorium. May they feel deep joy in the culmination of their efforts.
- the President’s Leadership Forum on Wednesday, as Kathleen McCartney, Dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and a prolific writer in early childhood education, speaks on the topic of “Investing in Education Reforms that Work.”
- our final Great Decisions lecture of 2013, on Thursday, as Eugene Bempong Nyantakyi and Ryan Knight present “China in Africa.” Nyantakyi, a visiting professor of economics at Whitworth, is an expert in development and international trade and finance. Knight, a Whitworth student, has studied in both China and Tanzania.
- our Thursday worship service, as we gather for Holy Communion and celebration through music and prayer.
- Initiative 6.2 of the Courage at the Crossroads 2011-21 Vision and Strategic Plan, which covers the implementation of a strategic enrollment/integrated marketing plan for graduate and continuing studies programs.
Lord, thank you for not rejecting us even when we deny you. Your boundless grace toward us transforms us from fearful to courageous. Thank you for that grace. In the name of Jesus, the great forgiver, Amen.