Love the LORD, your God…Love your neighbor as yourself
Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
This week we pray for:
- our students to develop strong and healthy relationships that display the love of Christ and help them to witness to the reality of Jesus’ resurrection.
- faculty and staff as they continue to serve our wonderful students with a spirit of grace and truth
- chapel service on Tuesday, as Roberta Wilburn (School of Education) shares with us from the Gospel of Luke to help us see whom Jesus pursues, how he develops relationships, and what kind of community he creates.
- Hosanna, a midweek evening service during which students gather for a time of prayer, worship and praise.
- the Whitworth Business Advisory Board as it gathers for its spring meeting on April 9 to make important decisions that will be beneficial to the School of Global Commerce & Management.
- our board of trustees as they gather for their meeting April 10-12, that the Lord will impart wisdom and discernment regarding the Christian mission of the university.
- Thursday’s chapel, April 11, as the community comes together to celebrate the Lord’s Supper and to hear the beautiful voices of the Whitworth Women’s Choir.
- our student-athlete ministry, Awake, as they present “More Than a One-Night Stand” outreach ministry on Friday night, April 12.
- the students, families, faculty and staff associated with the Hawaiian Club as they lead the community in our annual lu’au on Saturday night, April 13. Ask that they will be filled with joy as they prepare, serve, and lead.
- Initiative 6 of our Courage at the Crossroads 2011-2021 Vision and Strategic Plan. Pray for us as we seek to enhance Whitworth’s strengths in graduate and continuing studies education as we aspire to be the university of choice for selected graduate and nontraditional undergraduate degree programs in the Inland Northwest.
Lord we thank you that you are the “Good Master,” leading and guiding us on this wonderful journey of loving you and loving others. We are so grateful to know that we have eternal life, and we rejoice in knowing that your resurrection life has been imparted to us.