The Emmaus Experience
The Lord is risen, indeed.
This week we pray for…
- our students as they head into the home stretch of this semester and the 2012-13 academic year. In early April, students face registration for fall semester and decisions about roommates and housing for next year. Please ask God to give them peace, patience, and wisdom.
- the members of the Class of ’13 as they face the transition to post-graduation. A multitude of issues lie before them, including employment and where to go next. Many feel deep nostalgia as their Whitworth experience comes to an end and they prepare to say goodbye to friends. May God help them to finish well.
- our student-athletes as they travel and represent Whitworth in sports during the month of April.
- the award-winning Whitworth forensics team as its members host the national debate champions of Ireland in an international debate exhibition on April 2.
- chapel on April 2, as Dean of Spiritual Life Terry McGonigal preaches from Luke 24 on the reality of Jesus’ resurrection, and for Hosanna, Whitworth’s student-led ministry that welcomes students to engage in authentic worship in song, prayer, and scripture.
- chapel on April 4 as we gather around the table to celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Initiative 5.4 of the Courage at the Crossroads 2011-2021 vision and strategic plan, as we work to establish, through a collaboration between career services, academic departments and alumni relations, a comprehensive program for mentoring, career planning, preparation and tracking.
Lord, we thank you for our Emmaus experience, for the knowledge that because of you we are dead to sin and alive to Christ, who rose with all power to save us.