“I Am the Vine”
“I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who abide in me, and I in them, bear much fruit: because apart from me you can do nothing.”
This week we pray for…
- our students during this week before Spring Break, as they complete all the midterm requirements for their courses. May they experience a deep sense of God’s peace and presence during this pressure-packed week.
- student-life directors who are in the midst of selecting all of next year’s student leaders, the 120 students who set the tone for a welcoming, Christ-centered culture on campus. May God give each director the ability to make wise decisions in selecting leaders who will meet the many crucial needs of our students.
- Tuesday’s Community Worship, as Karin Heller (Theology) shares with us from the Gospel of John, in which Jesus tells us that He is the vine, and we are the branches.
- Tuesday night’s Hosanna, as students gather in praise, worship and reflection. Please pray also for the Awake Service, on Wednesday, as Whitworth’s student-athletes and others gather to share the gospel, worship and fellowship. All are invited. And don’t forget our Thursday Community Worship Service, as the Whitworth on-campus community gathers around the table to celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- the continuing college-selection process of all prospective students, many of whom have already visited our campus; others will be coming soon. Ask that God’s leading will be clear and that each student will have a sense of divine direction as final decisions loom.
- Goal 2 of the Courage at the Crossroads 2011-21 Vision and Strategic Plan. Ask that we will be successful in our efforts to strengthen Whitworth’s intellectual vitality across all contexts of teaching and learning, equipping our students to be discerning thinkers who address effectively the complex issues they face in the world.
Gracious God, revealed in Jesus, we thank you for being the constant source of our physical, relational and spiritual lives. As the branches must abide in the vine in order to live, may we remain related to Jesus, without whom our lives would wither and die, by your Holy Spirit. May we be inspired by your Spirit to embody the kind of maturity that will draw people closer to Jesus, in whose name we pray. Amen.